Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Newsy News


Hello again, everyone! Two posts in the same week- it must be summer or something. In all seriousness, I want to be a lot more committed to this blog. I really love blogging, and now that I actually have free time, I want to make sure that I am spending it doing something creative and rewarding, not just spending hours on the internet looking at everyone else's creative creations. So, that being said, I have a bunch of updates about this blog and me and all that jazz!


1. The Owl Feature
My far and away most popular free pattern has been this little guy, and for those of you who actually read my blog rather than just pop in to cut and paste patterns, you may remember that - GASP! I went back to link to the post where I told you guys this, but I never did!!! Ahh sorry! So I guess this is double exciting news. Welll, back in November, I got a Ravelry message from the editorial assistant of UK Let's Knit magazine to use one of my owl pictures for an example of free patterns available on http://freeamigurumipatterns.blogspot.com! Squee! The picture was published in the February issue, and here is the spread!

I felt really famous. Which I am not. But, you know, it's awesome for someone to want to publish you, right? I think it's pretty snazzy.


2. The Socks Picture

I am double super famous, obviously*, because recently this picture was chosen to be featured on the pattern page on Ravelry! DOUBLE SQUEE! I'd like to thank my fabulous Mother for being an inspired foot model. (*le sarcasm.)

3. Tumblr

I have a Tumblr! It's called Mock Turtle Soup, thus the picture above. It's like I have a theme or something.. heheh. A lot of times I want to share cool things I find online, but this is a blog about stuff I do/make and not things I find on the internet. Sooo.. my Tumblr is that! Awesome, beautiful, cool-eriffic things I find on the internet, all in one handy dandy place.

4. The Big Picture(s)
 People who read my blog regularly probably already noticed that there have been a couple of changes in the layout this week! I finally figured out how to make my blog wider so that I could have extra large pictures, and I am so so so happy with the result. Hopefully you guys like it too!

That's pretty much it for now, hope you are all having a fun summer so far!

1 comment:

Crafts in the Interim

In the million billion years between when I posted, I was actually still crafting away! Here are some of my finished projects from the past...