Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The First One!

Well hello there.

I suppose that I have meant to do this for quite a while and now I finally am. Fantastic. I have been feeling a somewhat creative drought lately. Indeed, I can't remember the last time I did something that made me feel joyful about living. I am a college student who is mostly interested in political science and Japanese and maybe eventually being a lawyer.

But I did at least two creative things yesterday, and one today, so I feel rather successful. Not only did I go for a walk on which I took pictures of delightful things that I had wanted to for a long time, but I picked flowers along the way and managed to make a passable bouquet in an empty glass Coke bottle. Today while my somewhat horrid pregnant and very picky GSI went over my midterm (which I got a 91/100 on! Hurrah for me!) I managed to draw a very satisfying depiction of Alice's ventures into the garden.



I really never understood the fascination of everyone who reads Alice with the Caterpillar scene, when the fantastic garden is what gets Alice into actual adventures. I did it in pencil, unlike most of whatever sketching I do, in order to prevent the bothersome and unavoidable occurrence of errors. It came out quite well, if I do say so myself, although it got smudged in my bag and I had to re-sketch parts of it. I am thinking about water-coloring it, so perhaps that will be tomorrow's endeavor, although I do still have a letter to write and a book to finish.

Anyway, it is far too late to think of anything but sleep now.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great creative blog. I like your verve for life and spring. It makes me want to recognize that part of me that lies dormant under the bills, the dishes, the laundry, the workouts, the volunteer work, the Bible study.

    Creativity, the soul expresses. Need to just do it! I promise myself I will.

    ReplyDelete

Crafts in the Interim

In the million billion years between when I posted, I was actually still crafting away! Here are some of my finished projects from the past...